Let’s face it, one of the facts of life of being an adult is that slowly but surely your body will start changing, and I’m not talking about getting better. Your back will hurt some days, you’ll have new aches and pains, and you just won’t feel like yourself. Unfortunately for many couples this might also signify a lull in your sex life. Think about it, if you’re not feeling physically well then it’s hard to fully enjoy sex. Okay, so now that those depressing facts are out of the way, let’s get to the good news. Back pain doesn’t need to mean that you can’t have sex. Not only are there a lot of other sexual things you can do that aren’t as vigorous as sex until you’re feeling better, but there are actually a number of positions that can help to alleviate your partner’s back pain. Can’t convince her to have sex? What if you told her she will feel better afterwards, and not just because she had an amazing orgasm?! Try out these five favorite back soothing positions tonight:
1. On the Edge – With this position you will lie down on your back with your legs hanging off the bed. Your partner will straddle you while still standing firmly on the ground. This means you have to scoot yourself down far enough so that your penis is accessible to her. She will lower herself down and be able to ride you standing up. She’ll have total control over the speed and depth of your penetration with this position. Put your hands on her hips and guide her along if you’d like. Another bonus of this position is that you get a fantastic view of her body. This position can also be performed on whatever piece of furniture puts you at the right height. It might be a table (you can put a blanket down for padding), the couch, or a comfy chair.
2. Ready, set, go! – This next position will feel especially good to those women who suffer from lower back pain. The position actually allows her to stretch her sciatic nerve, which is where most lower back pain comes from, all while having amazing sex. In this position she will be on her back. She will lift her legs, bend her knees and rest her heels on your shoulders (her body will be somewhat curled up). She will then spread her knees apart to allow you access. You, kneeling, will penetrate her. This is also a great position for slow, deep thrusting and G spot stimulation.
3. T-Bone Position – With both of you lying on your sides you will position yourself perpendicular to her. She will bend over at an angle (about 45 degrees) and open her legs up. She can either put her foot down flat on the bed or open up and sling her leg behind your body. Either one gives you great access. In this position you also have full access to stimulate her clitoris and touch her all over her body. Use this advantage to bring her to new heights of ecstasy.
4. Hang Gliding – In this position you’re going to need a prop, a tall stool. She will sit in the stool and hang her butt way off the end. She might need to steady herself by holding on to a table, counter or something else while in this position. You’ll stand behind her and enter her from behind. You can maneuver her hips and pelvis how you want in this sexy position. You have all the control here so make sure to go slow and easy, just like she likes it.
5. Sexy Starfish – In this position your partner will lie down flat on her stomach, with her knees bent so that her feet are up in the air. You will lie down on top of her, but being careful to not put your weight on her. You’ll penetrate her from behind, propping yourself up slightly with your arms.
One of the most important things to remember with these 5 positions is to go slow and steady with your thrusting. Because you’re dealing with back pain, you don’t want to be jackhammering away and possibly do more damage. Your partner needs to trust that she will be taken care of. Besides, women generally enjoy slow and purposeful love making as opposed to hard and fast sex.