Has your sex life been feeling a little boring these days? Not to worry, it happens to every couple in the world at some point in their relationship. Just because it might be a little dull right now, doesn’t mean it’s going to be boring forever. Even though it’s totally normal, no one likes going through a dry spell in their sexual relationship, so in order to end the slump sooner rather than later, try one of these 10 ways to reactivate your boring sex life…
1. Get drunk together – This might seem like a juvenile activity, but one thing a lot of couples lose after many years is their ability to just let loose and have fun together! Plus if you’ve been going through a dry spell, you need to take the pressure off and have a little something to drink can be a great way to do that. Stay home one night and plan a fun night of drinking and playing together. Often with drinking your arousal is heightened, but your reactions will be slowed down, so don’t be surprised if you don’t even end up having sex that night. That’s not necessarily the point. The idea is to laugh and have some fun together, grope each other on the couch and reconnect! If you definitely want to have sex, be sure not to drink TOO much. You know your limits and make sure you don’t go overboard. If you don’t drink you can still have fun and laugh together. Pick an alcohol-free, FUN activity and have a blast together.
2. Go technology free – You might be wondering what technology has to do with your sex life. Most people spend so much time on their phones and computers these days that they barely interact with each other. Then if you consider the amount of time you spend in front of the TV, playing video games or doing other types of screen time, you might start to wonder how much uninterrupted time you really spend with your partner. This takes its toll on your relationship. You need to talk and connect in order to have a good sex life. So, make a rule that you will turn off all screens and technology at a certain time every day. You could decide that between 6pm and 8pm there is absolutely no email-checking, phone use or screen time of any kind. Disconnect from technology and connect with each other. Or you could even pick a time and agree that the ban goes until the next morning.
3. Go dancing – This goes back to the idea of having fun together. If you like to dance, go to a club and get super close to each other and swing, sway and grind to the music. If you don’t have any dancing experience, consider taking lessons together and practicing at home. Dancing is not that different from sex in certain ways. You have the closeness and the intimacy. In no time you will start feeling the sparks start to fly even if you can’t dance that well! Just being close and feeling each other’s bodies will remind you not to neglect your sexy partner.
4. Put a ban on intercourse for a month – If you think I’ve really lost my mind this time, just wait and hear me out! If you and your partner decide to ban intercourse for one whole month you will make it the single most desired thing in your lives. We humans always want what we can’t have. Tell me I can’t have chocolate? You bet I’m craving it like mad before too long. Even if you want to have intercourse after a couple of days, DON’T give in. Doing the whole month will be worth it. You can be sexual together in other ways, but just NO vaginal intercourse. This will force you to explore other ways to please each other and your sexual relationship will get much better as a result.
5. See other people – Before you jump to conclusions, I’m not talking about dating other people or hooking up with them, I’m talking about your friends. Yea, remember them? Long term couples, especially those that have children, see their friends very rarely, but having other relationships is really important to your mental health and well being. It will help you be happier and that will make you happier in your relationship as a result. And happier couples usually have more sex!