Everyone’s sex drive needs a major boost every now and then. Most people think men want sex all the time and never have problems with libido, but that’s actually not true. There are a lot of things that can negatively affect your sex drive. And guess what? Even if you have a very active and healthy sex drive, there are still a lot of great things that you can do to make it even stronger. The other great thing is that most of the following libido tips that I’m going to share in this article can be used for both men and women, so if your partner has any trouble with her sex drive this information can also be really useful. Without further ado, here are 8 ways that you can turbo boost your sex drive!
1. Accept the inevitable – Although I’m always encouraging you to make the absolute best out of your sex life, I definitely don’t want you to have unrealistic expectations about what your sex life will be like. It’s completely normal for a couple to go through periods of time where they have sex less. In the beginning of a relationship you will have a lot of sex, and then it starts to lessen and that’s normal! It doesn’t necessarily mean there is anything wrong.
2. Assess your relationship – Even though low periods of sexual activity do exist in a relationship, it’s still important to think about why it’s happening. A relationship that is hurting in other ways will often suffer in the sex area as well. For example, if you and your partner have been fighting a lot or don’t spend a lot of time together connecting, don’t be surprised if you’re also not having much sex. You need to take care of every part of the relationship if you want to have a good sex life.
3. Have sex more! – This is often a surprising one for many people, but the more you have sex, the more you want it. This is especially true for women. The less sex you have, the less interested in sex you are. So, next time your partner seems in the mood, go for it even if you don’t feel like it. You will have fun and being sexual will be great for both of you.
4. Reduce your stress levels – Stress is a huge libido killer. If you’re stressed, the last thing you want to do is have sex. It’s a shame, really, because sex is actually a fabulous way to reduce stress. But if you’re feeling to stressed to get down and dirty, do some other kind of activity to get rid of your stress. Try exercise, meditation, talking with a friend, doing an activity that is just for you, or doing yoga. All of those are great stress reducers.
5. Talk about it, think about it, fantasize about it – You know that old saying, “out of sight, out of mind?” Well, that saying is true for sex too. If you don’t think about it or talk about it, you won’t want to do it. If you’re feeling like you or your partner’s sex drive needs a boost, start talking about sex. Plant the seed and let it grow.
6. Give yourself a mini makeover – How you feel about yourself plays a big role in whether or not you feel like having sex. If you don’t feel sexy and attractive you won’t want to have sex. So, put on clothes that make you feel hot. Do whatever other things make you feel attractive, like getting a haircut or a shave at the barber’s. Treat your partner to something that will let her pamper herself and tell her how refreshed and sexy she looks after. You might even buy her a really gorgeous outfit, invite her out on a special date and ask her to wear it for you.
7. Get some sleep – One of the top reasons why couples don’t have sex is because one or both of them are too tired. Sleep is really important to your overall health and your sexual performance, but it also has a big effect on your libido. Getting a good night’s sleep every single night will make your sex life a lot better.
8. Create a special place in your home for sex – Even if this space is just your bedroom, make sure it is always neat, smelling good and ready for love. No one wants to have sex in a dirty, cluttered room.