Generally I like to focus on the positive when writing articles for my site: sex tips for guys who want to improve their skills and drive their sexual partners wild!
However, I know for a fact that there are a few well meaning guys out there that are committing grave mistakes in the bedroom and turning their partners off as a result. I definitely don’t want that to be you, so I’m here to help and share with you the top 6 things that turn women off like a light switch.
Now keep in mind that not all women are the same and it’s possible that your partner loves one of the things on this list. This list is just to serve as a general reference, your best bet is always to communicate with your partner about her likes and dislikes. If she loves something on this list, by all means carry on. But I would suggest double checking with your partner first to make sure she’s not politely enduring something she would rather you didn’t do.
- Big wet sloppy kisses – Men love sloppy, wet kisses because saliva has testosterone in it and experts say that they are inadvertently trying to transfer it to their partner during sex in order to stimulate the sex drive of their partner. Women, on the other hand, aren’t usually a fan of the sloppy, wet kiss. We all love some tongue, but be careful not to bathe her in your saliva. Follow her kissing cues, she’ll kiss you how she likes to be kissed.
- Doing the same thing over and over and over again – Often a well intentioned guy will notice that his partner likes something and keep at it, repeating the same move over and over. Don’t get me wrong, it’s amazing to pay attention to her signals and what she likes, but don’t overdo it. If you keep stimulating that same spot in the same way it starts to get annoying, or even numb, and it loses what was good about it in the first place. When it comes to foreplay if you do the same moves over and over, she’s going to get bored and she’ll be able to call your routine before you’ve even started. Variety is the spice of life, fellas! Change things up.
- “Manhandling” her or playing too rough – Men tend to like things a little on the rougher side. They prefer a firm touch to a soft one. They might like sex fast and hard and deep as opposed to soft, slow and sensual. Women generally prefer a lighter touch. We all have our moments where we want to be ravaged and might like things a little rougher, but in general women respond more to slow, soft and sensual. If you think you might be a little on the rough side, soften things up and see how she reacts.
*It’s important to mention that there are women who love rougher sex. Again this is a generalization, you need to know you partner and what she likes. Always ask, when in doubt.
- Not being gentle enough during oral sex – You guys have no idea just how sensitive the clitoris is. It’s very sensitive. You don’t need to be rough down there, ever. When first starting you should have the absolute lightest touch possible, maybe even only licking and sucking the areas around the clitoris lightly. When she is ready for you to be a little bit firmer, she’ll let you know by beginning to push up against you with her pelvis. Don’t take this as a sign to go at it with everything you have, just increase the pressure slightly. The lighter you go, the more drawn out and intense her orgasm will be.
- Skipping foreplay – Don’t do it, guys. Never, ever. Women take longer to warm up than you do and even if she seems turned on and up for sex, it doesn’t mean that you can pop it in without any work beforehand. What you’ll likely find is that she’s not quite there yet and it will only take her longer to get into sex after you’ve skipped the prep time. Chances are if she really wants you to take her right then and there, she’s going to let you know.
- Bad breast play – Nipple twisting or being too rough in general is a no-no when it comes to women. Time to get rid of the “tune in Tokyo” routine you fantasized about in grade school. Lick, suck, maybe even nibble lightly on a woman’s breasts. Caress them, don’t knead them like bread.
I have faith that my readers haven’t been making too many mistakes in the bedroom, but it’s always better to play it safe. Guys, if you ever have any doubt about what she likes, just ask her. We’re all a little different and this is the only way you’re going to know if what you’re doing is working.
PS. What other love blunders have you or your friends committed over the years? Share it with me in the comments section.