If you think about it too long or too hard, it might seem strange that you and your partner need so much convincing to get down and dirty on a regular schedule. But when all the boring day-to-day work at the office and the chores around the house take up most of your time, all the reasons to get showered, sexy, rolling around naked together may seem to escape you.
We all know that sex is amazing, but the longer we put it off, the easier it gets to ignore and the harder it is to get back into the comfort zone. So if you and your wife need some reminding, here are five reasons why you should make the extra effort to include a little extra nookie in your life!
- Prevent Disease: high blood pressure, heart disease, prostate cancer, and all illnesses and disorders related to stress can be prevented by regular sex and intimate touch!Intimate touch – even something as simple as a hug! – has been proven to initiate the release of oxytocin into the blood stream, which naturally lowers blood pressure and heart rate. In fact, having sex two or more times per week was enough to cut a man’s risk for heart attack in half.
Frequent ejaculations have been linked to a lower risk for prostate cancer in later life. If this isn’t enough to convince your wife that sex is on the agenda, it should at least get you off the hook for frequent masturbation! The golden number? 21 times a month! Better get to work!
- Improve Your Immunity: Regular sex, 1-2 times a week or more, has been shown to provide up to a 30% increase in salivary immunoglobulin. Even sex less than once a week showed a slight benefit over the abstinent.Whether due to a happy, healthy sex life, or the microbial input of foreign fluids, why balk at more reasons to enjoy the pleasures of love?
- Relieve Pain: All those great chemicals, oxytocin in particular, can boost pain tolerance up to 50% – menstrual cramps, migraines, chronic pain of any kind can be relieved with an orgasm or three! Why pop a pill when you can hop on each other instead?
- Get Fertile: It should be fairly obvious that if you want to have a baby, you should be having lots of sex! Many couples make the mistake of “saving up” all their sexy for ovulation. The word is in from the scientific community – women who have regular sex with a man, once a week or more, are significantly more likely to menstruate on a regular cycle and experience fewer fertility problems than the abstinent or sex-deprived.Regular sex, including oral and manual stimulation, not only makes it easier to get pregnant but can prepare the body to carry a healthy, full-term pregnancy. Scientists have shown not only an increase in conception rates for partners who engage in regular sexual contact, but fewer incidents of miscarriage, preeclampsia and high blood pressure.
Even if you aren’t interested in trying to conceive, regular sexual activity has been shown to be equally effective in regulating the menstrual cycle as it is in relieving menstrual cramps.
- Look Better, Feel Better: Even the blandest sex can burn an extra 100 calories per half hour (so try to take at least that long). If you decide to get fancy, it could be hundreds, not to mention the strong muscles!If your lover is the type to shy away from sex because she is concerned about her body, remind her just how amazing she’ll look after a few good rounds of sexercise! Don’t waste your money on a gym membership, where you have to shower with a bunch of other guys… Work out a sweat, and then enjoy a long, hot shower together. And don’t forget to stretch!
Sex is great. Is there any reason to argue? So what’s holding you back?
I’m not suggesting you pressure your lover into doing something she doesn’t want to do. But if there were ever a reason to start the conversation, figure out where things when wrong and how to get them back on track, this is it. Your health, your heart, your head, your hormones all depend on a healthy sexual relationship.
Having an active sex life doesn’t just give you moments of pleasure in the bedroom. It will make you feel as if you’ve found a better, more vibrant,