Many people fail to make the connection between a healthy body and lifestyle and other benefits, such as an amazing sex life. So many men spend a lot of time and energy reading and learning about different sex tips, not realizing that they can greatly improve their and their partner’s experience of sex just by maintaining a healthier, better lifestyle.
The Importance of a Healthy Heart
The importance of heart health and sex is a two way street. The better your heart health is, the better sex you will have, and the more sex you have, the healthier your heart will be. It’s a win-win situation, really. The penis works because of blood pressure. When you get excited your brain sends a signal to your penis to engorge with blood. If your heart is not performing up to par you can have trouble with erections. Ways to improve your heart health are:
- Exercise – Specifically aerobic exercise is particularly good for your heart. Exercise lowers blood pressure, reduces stress, and gives you more stamina.
- Eat Omega-3 Fatty Acids – Eating things like salmon, walnuts, tuna, sardines, and flaxseed that are high in omega-3 fatty acids will help you have a healthy heart, which is important for healthy blood flow throughout the whole body, including to the genitals and I probably don’t need to explain why you want good blood circulation to your genitals, do I?
- Eat Heart Healthy Fats – Eat things like avocados, olive oil, and nuts, which are healthy polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats that are good for your heart.
The Importance of Healthy Circulation
Healthy circulation goes hand in hand with a healthy heart. It’s all connected through good circulation. Many sexual problems can be linked to poor circulation, so you want to do everything you can to keep it healthy.
- Eat Your Oats – Oats have a various compounds that help circulation and help to prevent cholesterol buildup.
- Complex B vitamins – This is another great way to boost circulation. Get your best source of the 11 different B vitamins in fish, legumes, eggs, brown rice, and other whole grains or ensure you’re getting enough by taking a daily vitamin.
- Onions and garlic are also known to help your circulation.
- Exercise! Again, exercise is good for your heart AND for your circulation. Try running, jogging, or swimming 30 minutes a day to keep everything in good shape.
The Importance of a Healthy Mind
Almost of all us have a significant amount of stress in our lives, and you guessed it, stress leads to problems in the bedroom and even poor performance. It increases heart rates and blood pressure, which bad for sexual health. That certainly doesn’t mean that hope is lost, it just means you have to find a way to cope with the stress in your life.
- I don’t want to keep harping on this one (or do I?!), but EXERCISE is an amazing stress reliever!
- Find a healthy stress reliever – Exercise, talking to someone about it, yoga, taking time for yourself every day, and meditation are all healthy ways to reduce stress. Drinking, drug use, and smoking are all terrible ways to reduce stress, as they only offer temporary relief and they cause other health and sexual problems.
- Get enough sleep – Aim for a minimum of 7-8 hours of sleep every night. Try to set a sleep routine where you go to bed and wake up around the same time every day, even on the weekends.
Even though it might be difficult to convince yourself of the sexual benefits of a healthy lifestyle when all you want to do is leave work and unwind with a 6 pack and a big greasy burger, trust me, you will see results in the bedroom if you skip the bar, head to the gym for 30 minutes, and treat yourself to a lean steak at the end of the day. Believe me, your penis AND your partner will thank you.
P.S. What healthy lifestyle tips do you have for my readers?