You may have noticed that your partner seems less than interested in sex these days. In fact, maybe it’s been a long time since she was the one who instigated sex. Or maybe your sex life was never what you hoped it would be. Maybe it has always lacked that spark and passion that you wanted it to have.
Why do women seem to be less interested in sex than men? Why are men always the ones left frustrated at the end of the day and women don’t seem to care one way or another? It can be upsetting, to say the least.
The truth is, there are a lot of factors that play into why a woman’s sex drive might be low. Some of it might be because of psychological reasons, it could be physical reasons, or sometimes it’s even emotional reasons. What can you do? Learn about some of the reasons a woman’s sex drive is being negatively affected and do what you can to change that problem. Here are 10 common ways that a woman’s libido is negatively affected and what you can do to change it:
1. A messy bedroom – Research has shown that a messy bedroom can be linked to depression and unhappiness, which can then lead to a low sex drive. Some even say that it can be more directly related to libido problems because women are easily distracted during sex to thinking about other things in their lives. What to do? Take initiative and tidy up the bedroom. Put away the clothes, make the bed, dust the surfaces, and give the room a general cleaning. She will appreciate the gesture and it will help her stay focused on the fun things that can happen in the bedroom.
2. Repressed feelings – Women, more so than men, need things to be good in their relationship in order to be interested in sex. Repressed anger is a total sex drive killer for women. Maybe she feels unappreciated. Maybe she’s annoyed that you leave your dirty underwear on the bathroom floor, or maybe your problems are more serious. Either way, you need to work on resolving her anger at you if you want to have a good sexual relationship.
3. Worrying – Again, being distracted by worries and concerns about other parts of your life can easily negatively affect your sexual relationship because your mind is elsewhere. It might be impossible to solve all of your partner’s problems, but one way to help relieve some of her stress is to talk about it together.
4. High cholesterol – Recent studies have linked women who have high cholesterol with low arousal and orgasm problems. This could be because high cholesterol means there isn’t great blood flow in the genital area, which can affect sensation. What to do? Eat better. Make a pact to start eating more healthy together and then stick to it!
5. Birth control – If your partner takes birth control pills, it can mess around with her hormone levels and cause a lower level of testosterone (an important hormone when it comes to sex drive). You can talk to your partner about discussing alternative forms of birth control with her doctor.
6. Thyroid problem – If your partner has a low libido, the culprit just might be her thyroid. One of the symptoms of an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism) is a low sex drive. In order to find out if this might be an issue for your partner, she would simply have to make an appointment with her doctor, who will perform a blood test.
7. Lack of attention in your relationship – When was the last time you went on a date with your partner? Do you eat meals together? Are you both usually spending more time clicking around on your phone than talking to each other? Do you spend more time looking at the TV or the computer than into each other’s eyes? An emotional connection between you and your partner is extremely important to her sex drive. The solution here is easy. Make a commitment to spend more quality time together. Have conversations instead of vegging out in front of the TV. Plan regular date nights. Schedule times every day where you don’t use your phones or computers.
A lack of sex drive can be caused by many things, but it’s a good idea to rule out the items on this list to see if you can resolve the issue.
P.S. To discover more advanced tips and techniques about increasing female libido CLICK HERE NOW!