Connect with us

A bedroom intervention

Erotic Massage

A bedroom intervention

“Sex is as important as eating or drinking and we ought to allow the one appetite to be satisfied with as little restraint or false modesty as the other.” – Marquis de Sade

I think three is a crowd, especially when the third wheel is a phone. Imagine this scenario: there were three in bed and the little one said… “What the hell, man? Put the mother-flippin’ phone away!” Sound familiar? It should. I just heard 90 per cent of 18 to 39 year olds sleep with their smartphones. Ninety per cent! That leaves 10 per cent with bletcherously designed bedrooms who don’t have a power point within arm’s reach, and that’s about it. It also means there’s more ‘gramming than ramming going on in our bedrooms.

And, as easy as it is to check out just one more meme before you turn in for the night, it’s raining all kinds of havoc on your sex life – and probably without you even realizing it.

We’re addicts, see…

The crux is a little thing called infomania, and it’s neatly summed up as unhealthy addiction to your smartphone. It also takes FOMO to a new, disturbing level as more of us let technology sneak its way into our sex lives (and not in a good soft-porn way either, but a less peachy just-one-more-email kind of way).

One in three people would rather give up sex than their phone – I don’t think I could get one in three people to take a free massage if I stood on the corner holding a sign and pointing at it with a giant foam hand! When you stop prioritizing sex with your partner to read tweets from people you’ve never met, it’s time to put down the phone and pick up a condom.

Sex is a stupidly important part of a committed relationship – only it’s not always going to be the piece of cake it was when you first met. It’s something you’ll probably find you have to work on from time to time. Eventually, it turns into more of a croquembouche that a piece of cake (so a lot of hard-yards but incredibly impressive once mastered) – but surely you want to enjoy delicious croquembouche lovin’?

Time to fix the sitch

As of right now, 95 per cent of people use at least one whizz-band gadget just before bed, and half of the entire population check their phones if they wake up in the middle of the night. If phones were aliens, we’d be talking a full-blown alien invasion. I have to get all Sigourney Weaver on you, but this cannot go on! You need to kick that mood muncher out of your personal space.

As unofficial spokesperson for sexy times, I’m declaring war. But fear not, I do come armed with a peaceful solution! It might be a bigger-than-Bieber ask, but it’s time to start banning tablets, phones and TVs from the bedroom. Need a baby step? Plug your phone in to charge across the other side of the room. It will stop you grabbing a sneaky peek while in bed, and if you use your phone to wake up, when the alarm goes off you’ll have to get up to hit snooze.

And since you’re already up… why not stay that way? If nothing else, you’ll get back that 15 minutes you normally lie there like a lump. Boom, you just got your AM nookie back. White flag raised, olive branch offered, crisis averted.

Have an awesome week,

Gabrielle Moore

P.S. Phone sex suddenly has a new meaning, one less pleasurable unfortunately. Make sure we use the phone as you should and when you should. Not in the bedroom! Unless it’s deeply involved in the sex you’re having.

Continue Reading
You may also like...
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Erotic Massage

Categories

Popular

Top Sex Tips

Oral Sex - Cunnilingus

Ohh-mazing Oral Sex

By September 20, 2017

Oral Sex - Cunnilingus

How to Give Her a Triple-Climax

By August 11, 2017

Oral Sex - Cunnilingus

Best oral sex positions

By August 1, 2017
oral sex

Oral Sex - Cunnilingus

5 common oral sex problems and how to fix them

By May 11, 2017

Oral Sex - Cunnilingus

The Alpha Lover’s guide to out-of-this-world oral

By February 24, 2017
To Top